Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Re-Up for Fall--Loubou Style

Bonjour mes amie...

Unfortunately, Summer is coming to an end. This is a semi-depressing time of year for me because of the impending the cold weather. The only thing that really gives me any source of comfort is knowing that I will soon have some great shoe options! I am, at my core, a shoe girl! Finding a great pair of shoes is like coming in on a cold wintry day, brewing some tea and relaxing in the bath with great book (Chick lit is my poison). Yes, finding a great pair of shoes is that great of an experience for me! Honestly, every girl has something they gravitate towards, some of my friends are bag girls, others are coat/jacket girls, some are strictly clothing girls. Whatever you fancy I know you appreciate fine craftmanship. That being said, I have chosen to feature one of the finest craftsman around--
Christian Louboutin. So, get out your pen and pad and take note of the luxe looks for Fall! I call them my Fall Loubou Line-Up!


Here are my Fall favs in no particular order:
All pics courtesy of Barneys.com




I love this Lina bootie, it retails around $1500 but is so versatile, I think its worth it! The neutrality of the print makes it so easy to pair with mutliple colors.






I am so in love with this Miss Fast Plato ($995) bootie right now! I've seen a few celebs rocking them out and about. The deep v is super sexy without trying too hard. I love the rich plum color which is also very easily paired with a complimenting color. I'd think rich browns, stick with earth tones unless you're more on the adventurous side! I'd stay away from being too matchy with these.






Ok, so here it is again! I told you I am "so in love"! This Miss Fast Plato ($1095)bootie in leopard is so my style! The great thing about this print is leopard can either be dressed up or down, made to be very racy and edgy or casually cool. Depending on your desired look, you can either pair these with your fav simple LBD (little black dress) or maybe for an event that requires a more casual look try a white blouse (button down maybe) and a pair of skinny jeans, The point is this shoe speaks for itself, it doesn't require any bells and whistles. Be careful not to overaccesorize with this shoe.




I really like this Lady Derby ($995) shoe, it's demure without being boring. It has that ode to granny but also has the sexiness that is a peep toe. It's the perfect combination. If you're one of those girls who has 50 million pairs of black shoes, you may want to add these to your collection. Or if you're like me and have no black shoes (trust me I've tried to buy them, there is something wrong with me! LOL! ) these are the perfect shoes to pave the way! I love these because they too are verstile and can easily go from office to party with no effort on your part.





I saved this shoe for last because it was the source of heartache for me. No worries, I have recently gotten over it. I saw this Clou Noeud Spikes ($1195) shoe one day, fell in love and instantly started searching for it. Unfortunately it was sold out everywhere I went! I was so heartbroken and decided maybe it just wasn't meant to be and then one day as I was surfing the celeb blogs I noticed EVERYONE had these shoes! My heart broke all over again! I was the last one to know about these I guess. These aren't necessarily Fall shoes but because of my fondness for them they had to be included. That isn't to say they can't be worn during Fall, throw on some tights if its a little chilly and voila!


There you have it! Looking at my picks they are a little risque! The Miss Fast Plato does come in black if you prefer. But, if this isn't quite your style, stay tuned for my next post...


In the meantime, go out and start at least scouting for your starting five fall shoe favs!

Until next time...

Be kind, Be original, and please please please be Sol-ful

Sol Addict