Thursday, August 19, 2010

Call of the Wild--NSW??

Hey fashionistas! It's been a while, I know, blame it on the man! LOL! No really, A girl has to work right--at least for now--tee hee!

Anyway, I have a people poll of sorts for all you corporate fashionistas:

Is animal print suitable for work? Or is it a no-no? (cue Tarzan theme music)

This internal struggle started last night as I lay in bed falling asleep, doing what I do every night as I fall asleep-- think about my frock for the next day. I have the cutest leopard peep toes and with my skinny leopard belt and black sheath dress, what could be cuter??? No really what? Anyway, I was just about to fall asleep satisfied that I had completed my nightly mission, when I started to think, can you really wear animal print to work? Is that appropriate? Are people going to be whispering about you at the water cooler? Well actually I don't have a water cooler in my office but I digress! I was at a crossroads, not knowing what I should do. I thought to myself, there are plenty of work clothes that come in animal print..right? There has to be??? It was getting late so I decided to take the chance and just do it!

I think it worked out well, even my boss's boss said "Oooh cute shoes! Betsey Johnson?" I was super impressed with her knowledge of edgy, girly designers to say the least. So this is my conclusion, yes animal print is suitable for work when done in moderation. I personally will not be walking around in animal print dresses (but then again you never know!) but I think when it comes to accessories, its a go. Then again, maybe you work in an atmosphere that is a little more tolerating, then I say hey do whatever flutters your heart! So there you have it, I have spoken!

So next time you're in bed, thinking about your ensemble (we all know you do it), think about adding some animal print to spice up your look!

I've got to run but remember: live, love and shop until your heart is content!

Sol Addict

1 comment:

Natalie Naomi said...

Oooh! Great Idea! I think animal print is totally acceptable in the workplace, as long as it's tasteful. Although I haven't seen you in your work attire, I know you rocked it out!! The officemates are probably saying... "hhmmm that's stylish! Wonder if I can pull that off?" Look out for copycats... you may have just set an office fashion trend, ma!!!

Big Ups!