Thursday, September 16, 2010

Up and Comer...

Good morning lovelies!

Unless you live under a rock, you know that this is Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, one of the best weeks all year, designers from all around diverge on New York City to show their latest collections. It's where budding designers come to make or destroy their name and seasoned designers come to start trends for the coming seasons. I love all that goes into making the runway shoes appear so seamless even though there is utter chaos behind the scenes. Fashion Week is the designer's imagination come to life. It's also a time to see the celebs don their favorite ensembles! One celeb whose style really stands out this week is Solange Knowles. Solange has put together some super fab looks this week! She a beautiful women who has really come into her own--her own look, her own sense of style. Let me say that I have always respected a person for having their own sense of style, having the courage to wear what they love no matter what the people around them think of their styling skills. I may not always agree, but I always respect. Solange definitely embodies a woman who embraces many different looks, I've picked my fav Solange Fashion Week looks below. Check them out!


pic:Zimbio.com
Solange at Tom Ford looking oh so chic! This girl isn't going to let a little rain stop her! I love the white on black with red lip combination!

pic: Zimbio.com
Solange at Luca Luca looking super fun  and fresh in prints. You really have to be confident to pull this look off, pairing two different prints is a very calculated task. 

pic: Zimbio.com
Solange at Grey Goose Rising Stars Party. I love this look because is so pretty and effortless. Solange looks put together and beautiful but most importantly she doesn't look like she tried too hard. I love the way she sticks to the same family of colors in this look.


Solange at Charlotte Ronson. I love this look! I am a big fan of white and black, clean crispness of it. I love the opposition between the top that looks knotted rather messily and the clean lines of her shorts, not to mention her Alexander McQueen booties and leopard bag just to spice things up a bit.

I chose to feature Solange because she is a young woman coming into herself, like I am. She isn't afraid to experiment with different looks to find what's best for her. Its something we all need to do rather than subscribing to the latest trend.

Smooches,

Sol Addict

No comments: