Friday, October 16, 2009

When is the Right Time to Hang Up Your Peep Toes???


Ladies...my humblest apologies for being away so long! The trials and tribulations of adulthood have been holding me hostage! Alas!!!! I am free--for a while at least!


So let's get back to the matter at hand...peep toes...when do you pack your beloveds away. The answer to this question changes depending on who you ask. Of course we all wear them in Summer, but as the temperature starts to cool and the leaves begin to acquire their Autumn hues, the peep toe debate begins to rear its head.


I think we've all seen women don their peep toes in the Winter months. How do you feel about that? Do you give them a pass if it's New Year's Eve and they are off in their best shimmery and sequined mini dresses? Well, I'll speak for myself, I do--I give them all (including myself) a pass! But what about before New Year's Eve? What about when its just a normal Winter day? What are the pre-requisites for peep-toeing??? Some think when its too cold to be out bare legged its too cold for peep toes, but we've all seen women in peep toes with tights---that's super cute--if done right.


Ok, ladies, I've thought about it, I've toiled over it, I've looked at the woman in the mirror and I have come to the decision that peep toes can be worn at any time of year unless there is snow or ice on the ground--those of you in warmer more fab climates have really dodged a bullet! So there you have it, if there's snow or ice on the ground and your feet will at one time or another hit the aforementioned ground, I'd have to say no peep toes.


Until the next time my lovelies...be original, be kind, and please be sol-ful!


XOXO,

Sol Addict


P.S. It's great to be back! I missed you all so!!!


photo: Guiseppe Zanotti Printed-Heel Ornament Platform @ Neiman Marcus

No comments: