Monday, October 4, 2010

Sugar Melts In the Rain...

Her girlies!

I hope this post is finding you in good spirits and even better outfits! I, on the other hand am working hard to keep my spirits lifted as I sit here looking out of my window at all the rainy gloominess. I know we need rain and all, but what a job it does not only on your clothes but your shoes and your hair! So after I took a look at the woman in the mirror (moi) and her wardrobe, I started thinking about some fab options for rainy days. So just thinking logically, fab rain frocks have to be outerwear, which include rain boots, yep rain boots! Now I must reveal, that I have not always been a fan of the waterproof footwear but as I have become a regular commuter, reliant on public transportation,I have grown not only to love them but to depend on them! There's nothing like sitting at your desk for 8 hours with wet shoes. And more importantly, I love suede which I always seem to be wearing when the Heavens decide to open up. At any rate, although I like my Pucci rain boots, I think it may be time to invest in some new ones. I figured why not share the wealth and give you a few rainy day options as well. Check them out below...



Whether or not you are a fan on singer Jessica Simpson, you have to love this trench coat! She makes the cutest pumps as well! I love this jacket for numerous reasons, one its affordable, two, who can't use a traditional trench, and three, the satin appearance gives this jacket a very feminine and polished feel.






This Kate Spade Ivy raincoat is perfect for the woman who wants a pop of color to brighten her otherwise gloomy day. Also, and very importantly, the cut of this jacket is very forgiving!

I have been a Nicole miller fan for years and this trench coat is very true to her style, very young, fresh, hip! Yes I said hip, it seemed to just flow! Added bonus, its on sale at Nordstrom.com.

This Tahari Nola Ruffled Urban Anorak, is probably my fav. This jacket is pretty and cool at the same time, without trying to hard. I love the color, not only is it a neutral but grey is definitely "in", in fact it's always "in". The name says it all, its pretty with an urban edge!



 Animal Instincts...
Hunter Carnaby Boa Tall
 Dolce and Gabbana Printed

So we know animal print is a recurring trend, news is...it's back again! Here are two cute options in animal print ---I'm grouping snakeskin in with animal print. Why not invest in a trend, especially one that comes back around every couple years. They are useful and cute!


City Slickers...

These Hunter Arolla  (top) and Jeffrey Campbell (bottom) rain boots are super cute and very practical, both have a wedge heel which gives them a little something extra, I like these boots because they don't look so much like a rain boot--for those of us who haven't fully embraced them. They are good for those days it's raining horribly and you still want that sleek polished look!



Color Me Bad...
Chooka Dual Buckel Rain Boot

Jeffrey Campbell Vee Rain Boot

Hunter Original Tall Metallic Rain Boot

Everyone who knows me, knows I love color! Color always lifts my spirits and it came bring an outfit together perfectly. The thing with these boots is, no matter if you have a colored rain coat or a neutral, they work. Not only do they work they give you a bit of edge, and bit of personality, they make people wonder, who is that woman? Or so maybe I went to far, but they definitely can make your rain attire pop. If you're not a shy girl, give them a try!

That's all for me ladies, go out an update your rain gear! Let me know how it goes...

Love,
Sol Addict



all pics courtesy of Hunter.com and Nordstrom .com





No comments: