Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The War of the Roses????


As we grow older we come to the point when we are ready to share our lives with that special someone, we decide to join in holy matrimony, but before that, we have to plan the wedding...that scene being set, let's talk about something that has been the root of many arguments between the wives and hubbys-to be around the world...Can the groom wear a white tux?!!!!








Now my initial reaction was one of utter horror! The answer is NO! Absolutely NOT, are you serious?! No really?


Now see, I am from the old school that says the only person in white should be the Bride but as years pass it has come quite acceptable for the groom to don his white apparel as well. Hmmm...so which do you prefer? Do you think that my traditional conceptions of the Bride's exclusive rights to wear white should be extended to her hubby-to-be? Do you think that it's only appropriate in Summer weddings or during the dead of Winter?

This question is one that has stumped generations! What if your groom has his heart set, then what? I must admit I am not a tuxedo connoisseur but in doing research for this very blog post I have come across some very nice white tuxes--so there, I guess all of you cheerleaders for the groom in white have made some headway! But let me make this crystal clear, I'm not talking all white from head to toe, and there in creates another dilemma! If he has on a white tux, does he wear white shoes?

In classic Family Feud style, my "final answer" about whether or not a groom should be able to wear a white tuxedo to his wedding is this, first, gage how important it is to him, evaluate it against your wedding theme and see if it fits, think about your location, the season, HIS ACCESSORIES... No white shoes (she chants in the background). After all ladies, it should be the most special day for you both! That being said, I would say compromise, after all isn't that what marriage and relationships are all about?! Who knows, I haven't mastered either yet!

Here's my idea of a fabulously dapper, debonair compromise....


Well my fabulous followers, I think my time and this post have come to an end, I will leave you with this, brides and grooms, if you love it wear it, more important than the outfit is the confidence that exudes from the person in the outfit!





But I must say to my hubby...wherever you are take note,you will be wearing...



So as always...BE KIND, BE ORIGINAL, BE SOL-FUL!
All photos provided courtesy of mwtux.com

1 comment:

Natalie Naomi said...

Good Read!!

My husband to be (where ever he's hiding) will be in gray. LOL... Sounds random... but I like gray tuxes (is tuxes a word?)...Anyway, white is cool... but we need a splash of color at the altar to break up all that white. Ya Dig?

Interesting post!!

~Nat